Express Scripts Sr Manager - Program Management - Accredo in St. Louis, Missouri
Strategic client contact for program(s) to which employee is assigned. Manages day-to-day activity of program and supervisory team. May have multiple and/or complex programs. Extensive interaction with internal and external customers. Significant participation in strategic planning. Reviews contracts and is accountable for proper execution of contract terms. Works with Senior Director or Director to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for assigned program(s) in corresponding site(s).
- Manage program(s) per the scope of work, program and standard operating procedures within the contracted budget in one or more sites.
- Manage day-to-day activity of the program operation, including supervision of staff. Monitor program statistics and metrics. Resolve complex cases.
- Day to day contact with complex clients for issue resolution.
- Lead the analysis and writing of client reports and other deliverables.
- Presentation of program information to internal and external customers.
- Works with Manager(s) and Assoc Manager(s) to analyze operations and efficiency of the program(s).
- Acts as a liaison for other operational departments to research and resolve client issues.
- Acts as a mentor to other Managers.
- Contributes to strategic and business planning for the program(s) by participating in planning activities company-wide, identifying project initiatives and operational issues, coordinating research and developing recommendations based on that research.
- Assists with development and tracking of budget.
- Participate in interviewing prospective employees, evaluating current employees, and train employees as needed.
- Work to develop employee’s supervisory skills and provide direction to supervisory staff concerning performance management issues and corrective disciplinary actions.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key contacts in professional organizations and medical professional societies.
- Travel to and attend related meetings/conferences as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 - 12 years relevant experience or 6 - 10 years of experience with Master’s degree
- Pharmacy Technician License may be required depending on program and state requirements
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office and Internet experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on book of business client satisfaction and client retention results
- Ability to work cross-functionally to proactively communicate and to resolve issues with the highest sense of urgency.
- Highly developed written communication and documentation skills to develop project educational materials, program specific procedures, product tools, and other services – related to collateral.
- Networking and client interfacing skills to cultivate and manage relationships.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze information and target trends. Organize people and systems to achieve goals.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.