Express Scripts Sr. Manager, Quality & Process Improvement in St. Louis, Missouri
The Sr. Manager, Quality & Process Improvement will manage a portfolio of Continuous Improvement (CI) projects for process workstreams within Member and Home Delivery Services Operations, and is responsible for Lean Deployment efforts at the site level. Employ Lean Six Sigma methodologies to drive improvement initiatives through project identification, business case development, event facilitation, project management and benefit/result realization. Assist in the implementation of Quality Management System (QMS) elements, including Policies, Procedures, Standard Work Instructions and other controls. Additionally, this position may develop and deliver training/mentoring in Lean methodologies.
- High aptitude for problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Highly organized, able to work with limited direct supervision, motivated to successfully meet deadlines, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent verbal and written communication with ability to clearly communicate vision to senior leaders.
- Ability to facilitate/lead Continuous Improvement (CI) Events with passion and maintain group energy.
- Proficient with Lean and Six Sigma tools and methodology, including: 6S, Visual Management, VSM, Kaizen, A3, SWI, FMEA, etc. Ability to apply best practices in a transactional/service environment.
- bility to establish strong relationships with workstream owners and work closely with leaders to identify performance gaps, develop business case and manage improvement roadmap.
Act as a change agent and ensure continuous improvement activity is being communicated, understood, and supported within the organization.
Project Management experience
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Business, Finance, IT, or related field; or 14-18 years relevant work experience
- 8-12 years relevant experience in employing continuous improvement methodologies.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt certification preferred. Other certifications for consideration may include PMP, ASQ CQE, ASQ CQPA, ASQ CMQ/OE.
- Lean Six Sigma experience in a transactional environment and/or service industry preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally in ambiguous situations to solve complex problems and improve quality and member experience
- Excellent PC skills including application development experience within a Microsoft Office environment
- Experience with Minitab
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Our Pharmacy Operations Group is made up of our national network of wholly owned home delivery pharmacies. These pharmacies consist of administrative processing, Therapeutic Resource Centers and dispensing facilities with state-of-the-art technology that work together to provide clients and members with superior services. These facilities offer fast, seamless service to our members as prescriptions are routed between pharmacies for the highest quality and most expeditious processing and dispensing. Our sophisticated information technology systems and wide network of credentialed pharmacists in specific areas of expertise make us the only pharmacy network capable of delivering our unique practice model.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.