Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Medical Oncology - 50131 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Oncology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
There is an opportunity for staff scientist in the laboratory of Dr. DeNardo. In general, the laboratory looks at understanding how immune responses shape and are shaped by malignancies. Where possible, our hope is to exploit these weaknesses to improve patient outcomes by enhancing response to conventional, targeted, or immunotherapeutics. At current, the laboratory focuses heavily on immunotherapy and immunotherapy responsiveness.
We are looking to add an experienced research staff member. This is a full-time laboratory research position for someone who can independently conduct bench research, interact directly with collaborator and pharma contacts, and manage research assistants as needed. In this position, personnel will run small animal studies, conduct experiments, and handles correlative analysis on human clinical samples. This is laboratory research position and personnel would work as part of a larger team. Duties will include independent and team-oriented projects.
This position assists in developing and conducting research projects, including experimental design, data analysis and documentation of experimental results.
PRIMARY *DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:*
- Following instructions and discussions with principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Conduct research studies, including small rodent experiments,_ in vitro_ assays with human and mouse cells and advanced genomic techniques.
- Handles clinical sample studies, performs data entry and maintains data files.
- Conducts experiments and assays on human tissue for clinical correlative studies.
- Coordinates research project with other investigators at WUSM or pharma-industry partners.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling nine years.
- Good oral and written communication skills are highly desired.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Medical Oncology - 50131
Job ID: 50131
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time