Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Psychiatry - 49412 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Psychiatry. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
This position assists in developing and conducting research projects, including experimental design, data analysis and documentation of experimental results in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and related diseases.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following instructions and discussions with the principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Develops and troubleshoots cell culture, immunoprecipitation and mass spectrometry methods to measure tau proteins.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs complex statistical analysis of data collected and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling nine years.
- Ph.D. degree in mass spectrometry, biological science or chemistry.
- Expertise in mass spectometry.
- Experience with immunoprecipitation and mass spectometry analysis.
- Experience with automated benchwork.
- Experience with analytical chemistry or GLP.
- Analytical, reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- High precision and tight Quality Control of all bench experiments.
- Excellent scientific writing and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work independently yet collaboratively in a team environment.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use a variety of software packages to analyze data.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Psychiatry - 49412
Job ID: 49412
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time