Washington University of St. Louis Staff Scientist - Radiology - 49154 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be involved in studies at the interface of preclinical imaging, cancer biology, and therapy. The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary research team involving chemists, biologists, and imaging scientists as part of a NIH-funded research on co-clinical trials. The Staff Scientist will lead and coordinate study efforts within the lab, perform and design research protocols, perform animal and cell studies, assist in grant preparation and manuscripts, and maintain required documentation on project efforts. Key responsibilities may include performing small animal procedures, cell culturing, molecular biology procedures, and in vitro and_ in vivo_ preclinical studies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Following instructions and discussions with the principal investigator, designs research protocols, including developing procedures for the collection, verification and management of data.
- Assists with grant preparation and reporting.
- Performs data analysis and writes interpretative reports. Verifies the correctness of the data submitted and makes recommendations based on these analyses.
- Documents research topics and prepares and submits papers based on research work to publications and committees for publication or presentation to peers.
- Solves practical problems relating to difficulties with equipment or test subjects. Suggests technical or procedural improvements in testing methods.
- Conducts literature searches related to research project.
Master’s degree with four years of experience in research lab operations or an equivalent combination of education and experience equaling nine years.
- Experience with animal handling and small animal procedures.
- Experience with cell culturing and cell studies.
- Experience with pathology/IHC and various molecular and biochemical techniques (qPCR, Western blotting, etc.).
- Analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data and to communicate data in a clear, concise manner.
- Ability to independently perform complex research studies, experiments and assays.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to grow.
- Attention to detail and a pursuit of excellence.
The hiring range for this position is $46,779 - $63,170 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
This position works in a laboratory environment with potential exposure to biological and chemical hazards. The individual must be physically able to wear protective equipment and to provide standard care to research animals.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Staff Scientist - Radiology - 49154
Job ID: 49154
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time