SSM Health Supervisor - Plant Operations in St. Louis, Missouri
Provides the necessary supervision and leadership for Plant Operations staff engaged in equipment installations, planned maintenance, repairs, and safety checks necessary to keep the physical structure and associated equipment of the facility safe and in good repair.
- Improves overall patient experience through exceptional planning, participation and follow-up of Plant Operations workloads so that the maintenance needs of the hospital are always met in a proactive, timely, and safe manner.
- Maintains a safe environment of care by providing the necessary training, coaching, and mentoring of Plant Operations staff, in a manner that achieves compliance with TJC (The Joint Commission) and other regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to the overall employee satisfaction of the department by actively engaging Plant Operations staff in department decisions and problem solving. Routinely provides recognition and enforces staff accountability.
- Contributes to the overall financial performance of the hospital by effectively and efficiently managing staff work time, supply consumption, and equipment operations.
- Contributes to the overall growth of the organization by utilizing maintenance strategies and tactics that provide a healing environment within our health care facilities for our patients and caregivers. This is an environment that inspires the confidence of our patients that they are in the right place, at the right time, getting the right treatment, by the right people.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) Associates degree or certificate from a trade school or technical college required.
- 8+ years-technical experience in a facility maintenance field.
- Formal training/experience in electric, plumbing, boiler operations, HVAC, refrigeration. Ability to read and interpret blue prints and wiring schematics. Possess basic computer skills
- Prefer 2+ years leadership experience.
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis –
SSM Health DePaul Hospital is a 476-bed hospital offering comprehensive medical services, including inpatient and outpatient surgeries using state-of-the-art technology and facilities. Opened in 1828, DePaul Hospital - St. Louis was the first hospital west of the Mississippi River and remains the oldest continuously existing business in St. Louis. DePaul Hospital serves patients from across the St. Louis metropolitan area, including the communities of Bridgeton, Florissant, Hazelwood, St. Ann, St. John, Maryland Heights and Overland.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.
Req ID: 18013553
Primary Location: Missouri-St. Louis-SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044
Schedule Hours Per Pay Period: 63044
Weekend Rotation: Full Time, Days
Normal work hours: Facility Operations
Job: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Organization: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis
Work Locations: SSM Health DePaul Hospital – St. Louis (0128) 12303 DePaul Drive Bridgeton, 63044