Washington University of St. Louis Supervisor, Scheduling/Telecom - Neurology - 46587 in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Neurology. The position is located at 1234 Kingshighway Blvd. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position is responsible for the daily operations of the Department of Neurology’s centralized scheduling team. They will supervise, coordinate & provide leadership functions to their team in conjunction with the Manager of Scheduling and Special Projects. This position monitors standard operating procedures and analyzes staffing needs to improve efficiency and to ensure Department scheduling expectations are met.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates a high commitment to excellence in service and quality through interactions with Neurology faculty, staff, referring physicians, patients and their families while focusing on service culture and striving to align with the Department of Neurology’s mission and vision.
- Ensure the centralized schedulers are following the Department Scheduling Policies and Procedures by routinely evaluating service levels, call volumes, and scheduling reports and benchmarks.
- Ensures physician schedules are scheduled to capacity and meeting Department expectations by ensuring all appointments are filled and scheduled correctly. Working with staff to correct any discrepancies. Completing daily edit template changes to the provider’s schedules when requested. Attend meetings, as needed, to review and update section/provider specific scheduling guidelines.
- Collaborates with the Manager of Scheduling to create and maintain Department policies and procedures; coordinate staff education, meetings, and process improvement implementations. Monitor and ensure compliance for annual staff skills training.
- Monitor employee absences as well as receive and approve vacation requests. Responsible for timesheet approval. Act as working supervisor during employee shortages and/or absences by assisting all positions within each area of responsibility.
- Continuous evaluation of employee performance for each area of responsibility. Address and resolve personnel issues. Maintains job descriptions and conduct annual performance evaluations. Responsible for hiring employees & orienting new staff as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Equivalent of High School diploma.
- Minimum of two years computerized appointment scheduling experience.
- IDX scheduling preferred.
- One year previous management experience.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of IDX and insurance plans.
- Previous scheduling and call center experience.
- Must be self-motivated and poses excellent interpersonal & communication skills.
- Must be able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and realistic understanding of issues.
The hiring range for this position is $44,054 - $56,139 annually.
All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Supervisor, Scheduling/Telecom - Neurology - 46587
Job ID: 46587
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time