Washington University of St. Louis Surgery in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
Position will serve as a coordinator for a series of clinical and public health research studies simultaneously; acting as a liaison with study team and study participants; responsible for managing study protocol as required by sponsoring agency to ensure compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Routinely manages the initiation, implementation, and management of all phases of a study/protocol; assists with development of recruitment plan; ensures compliance with protocol guidelines and requirements of regulatory agencies; establishes record-keeping systems for participants enrolled in studies; monitors participants’ progress in the study and records results into study database.
- Routinely recruits, enrolls, and oversees follow-up and retention of study participants. Screens participants via interview and/or reviews pertinent medical records to determine eligibility based on established study guidelines, prepares informational packets for study participants; explains purpose of the study and obtains consent. Schedules visits and administers surveys.
- Coordinates questionnaires administration; assists in writing instructional procedure manuals for study implementation, data management, collection, entry, and analysis.
- Prepares presentation/reports outlining research progress. Schedule meetings, assist with agendas and record meeting minutes.
- Assists Investigators with grant and manuscript preparations; conduct literature reviews. Reviews journal articles, abstracts and scientific literature to keep abreast of new developments and to obtain information regarding previous studies.
Bachelor’s degree in a health or research related field with relevant research experience obtained through practicum or employment.
- 2 years of relevant research experience.
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology.
- Previous experience with clinical research and study coordination.
- Familiarity with statistical software.
- Study coordination, data management, organizational, and solid interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work very well in a team.
The hiring range for this position is $17.23 - $21.55 per hour.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Public Health Research Coordinator II - Surgery - 40975
Job ID: 40975
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time