Express Scripts Technical Product Owner in St. Louis, Missouri
The Technical Product Owner (TPO) owns all aspects of their technical products, leading business value creation and managing overall product health. The TPO understands business and technology objectives, communicates the product vision and roadmap, and prioritizes and translates needs into requirements to ensure that expected outcomes are achieved.
- Understanding business needs.
- Collaborate with disparate stakeholder groups to identify, understand, and capture the functional needs of product stakeholders and define non-functional requirements to ensure value is delivered.
- Help the team demo completed work to product stakeholders.
- Own or contribute to the technical product roadmap.
- Communicating needs and enabling teams to deliver quality products.
- Communicate business needs, write definition-of-ready user stories, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering.
- Maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, ensuring the greatest value is delivered soonest.
- Actively participate in team retrospectives, finding ways for the team to incrementally improve.
- Leverages agility tools (e.g. Jira) and implements strategies to optimize team performance and achieve overall department objectives (e.g. manage story aging, manage WIP, epic size/throughput, etc.).
- Ensure team’s work creates iterative value (e.g. supports the completion of MVPs/Epics in concert with other teams).
- Plan delivery of iterative value with other TPOs and prioritize/groom backlog accordingly to ensure highest level of quality.
- Manage unaddressed issues and determine resolutions.
- Identify and monitor tech product health metrics (e.g. KPIs, defect trends, compliance and security) to ensure business outcomes.
- Ensure recommended amount of team capacity is utilized for improving technical product health and driving down technical debt (e.g. integration and deployment of tooling, test automation, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 9 years of experience.
- 3 years relevant experience with Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s degree and 1 year of relevant experience.
- Previous coding experience preferred but not necessary.
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, agile requirement tools (JIRA, Rally, etc.), collaboration tools (HipChat, Slack, Confluence, etc.), and diagramming and drawing tools (Visio, etc.).
- Experience writing user stories.
- Knowledge of user experience and solution design essential.
- High degree of comfort in fast-paced dynamic / ambiguous environment.
- Ability to balance technical knowledge with business possibility and acumen.
- Ability to work cross functionally with Compliance, IRM, Infrastructure, and Software Engineering.
- Passionate stakeholder advocate with ability to identify and meet customer needs within agile framework.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy melding the here and now with the future - and charting the path to get there? Our strategy and programs teams are on the ground level leading design and implementation of IT delivery and organizational models. From strategizing around innovative technologies and Agile methodologies, to new governance and funding models, and identifying strategies to attract remarkable talent, this group drives a key component of our success: technology. Vision and execution starts here.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran