Washington University of St. Louis Time) in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is part-time and works approximately 12 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Radiology. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The Small Animal Magnetic Resonance Facility has an immediate need for a part-time technician to assist with routine maintenance of laboratory equipment in a pre-clinical MRI facility. Responsible for assisting with laboratory duties in a research setting; performs routine tests with direction from supervisor, manager or higher level technician.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts routine liquid nitrogen and liquid helium fills of MRI magnet systems.
- Assists investigator or higher level technician with research studies, experiments and assays including collection of data, preparation of solutions and set-up and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintains files on research and assists with data entry.
- Assists with general lab maintenance and cleaning.
High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to follow established laboratory protocols.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software preferred.
The hiring range for this position is $12.70 - $15.97 per hour.
This position is not eligible to receive benefits.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Works in standard laboratory environment with potential, but unlikely, exposure to biological and chemical hazards.
- Must be physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to pass a safety screening for ability to safely work in a magnetic field environment.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Research Technician I (Part-Time) - Radiology - 40665
Job ID: 40665
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Part-Time