Arconic Cell Operator 3rd Shift in Washington, Missouri
- Employee Type:
1701 West Main Street
- Job Type:
- Date Posted:
Job DescriptionJob Summary:Perform cell operations as assigned including finishing process, shipping process, forming process, CNC/machine operations, and self-inspections.
• Perform finishing processes including: deburr, cleanup, scribe, saw, drill, sand blaster, and auto-finisher
• Perform shipping processes including: ID parts and packaging
• Perform forming process including: heat treat, pre-form, roll form, brake form, hot form
• Perform basic CNC/machine operations including: loading and unloading parts, inspection of parts, identify programs, load programs
• Self-inspects parts to assure parts meet specification.
• Measures parts with scale, caliper, radius gauge, micrometer, angle gauges, and other tools to meet parts standards to verify conformance to specifications.
• Train other cell operators
• Follow all safety, quality, and standard work procedures and perform all tasks in a safe manner
• Perform Total Production Maintenance on equipment as required
• Complete 5S and Kaizen projects as required
• Other duties as assigned
Skill & Competency Requirements:
• This position requires the physical ability to tolerate extreme heat
• Required to read and interpret blueprints and production orders and safety, operating, maintenance and procedure manuals
• Must have basic knowledge of math, math equations, and use of various measuring instruments
• Must work a full-time schedule and overtime as required
• Ability to operate recording equipment
• Must have basic computers skills
• Required to read tools, work orders, and mapping
• Must have problem solving skills, good communication skills, and the ability to work with others
• Ability to obtain and maintain a mobile equipment license may be necessary
• Ability to meet the Operator Self-Verification eye exam requirements
High school diploma or GED
Must be 18 years of age or older
Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Compliance With the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Laws and Regulations
Arconic reaffirms its policy to provide equal employment opportunity in recruiting, hiring, upgrading and promotion, conditions and privileges of employment, company-sponsored training, access to facilities, educational assistance, social and recreational programs, compensation, benefits, transfers, discipline, layoffs, recalls or termination of employment to all employees without discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, veteran status, genetic information, sex or age (within statutory limits).
We live our Values and measure our success by the success of our customers, shareholders, communities and people. Arconic’s success is driven by the advantage created by the collective efforts of its employees, and is dependent upon a diverse, inclusive environment that embraces change, new ideas, respect for the individual and fosters an equal opportunity for success. We have zero tolerance for discrimination, intimidation or harassment of any kind.