General Motors Industrial Engineer - MAN0027766 in Wentzville, Missouri
General Motors Wentzvillehas produced quality cars, vans, and trucks since 1983. The plant is situatedon 438 acres of land in a former wheat field about 40 miles west of St. Louisin Wentzville, Missouri. Currently Wentzville assembly produces the ChevroletColorado and GMC Canyon pickups as well as the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savanafull size vans. Wentzville employs over 4600 hourly and salary workers overthree shifts. Recent accolades for Wentzville Assembly include winning the 2015and 2016 Motor Trend Truck of the Year with the Colorado and Autoweek’s 2015Best of the Best Truck with the Canyon.
Responsible for studyingand planning operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material,machines and facilities where decisions are made within the limits of generalpractices and policies. Use independent judgment, but can receive some directguidance from supervisor. Occasional training or assigning of work to a smallgroup of employees.
- Assists in establishing operational methods and work standards using various measurement techniques Analyzes existing operations and proposes cost justified improvements
- Optimizes use of floorspace, materials, personnel and equipment
- Assists in planning new facilities, operations and/or relocation of same
- Provides information for various management systems
- Regular contact with others outside the work group
- Monitors adherence to recommended safety procedures and good housekeeping
- Establishes a course of action to accomplish completion of the job and/or project
- Coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs and/or perceptions
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise
- Actively identifies newareas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities
- Relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex
- Oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of work measurement and work standards
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing and assembly processes
- Capable of handling multiple projects without direct supervision.
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required
- Knowledge of computer software as it pertains to engineering preferred
- Familiarity with engineering operations, processes, and best practices.
- Familiarity with CAD and CAE.
- Basic understanding of Specification and Release terms and systems.
Education and Training:
- Bachelors degree with a major in engineering or equivalent training