General Motors Take 2 - Career Relaunchers - Production Group Leader - MAN0026323 in Wentzville, Missouri
Please only apply if youdo not need sponsorship to work in the United States. We are unable to considerapplicants who require sponsorship now or in the future.
University and/or College Students need not apply
About the Take 2 Program
General Motors islooking for experienced professionals who took an employment break of two ormore years in their field and are looking to re-launch their careers!
The Take 2 program is a12-week professional internship through which you’ll polish your skills, acquirenew ones, and restore the confidence you need to launch a new phase in yourprofessional journey.
Take advantage ofcomprehensive training, technical and professional development opportunities,company-wide networking, and personalized mentoring/coaching. Take 2 willprepare you for a full-time career in critical roles at GM, a global leader inthe automotive industry!
Are you ready to rise tothe challenge, are you Made for More?
About GM Manufacturing
General Motors is aglobally renowned mobility technology company with roots tracing back to 1908.Today, with 215,000+ employees spread across 396 facilities in more than 100countries around the globe, GM offers exciting careers designing, engineeringand building some of the world’s most advanced vehicles and personal mobilitysolutions.
Our culture is centeredon being Made For More. It’s a concept reflecting our constant pursuit andconfident expectation for more out of life—for our company, for our planet, forour customers, and for ourselves. Because our work goes beyond making cars;it’s about allowing people greater access to and more meaningful interactionswith the world around them.
As state-of-the-arttechnologies continue to transform the automotive industry, GM is committed tomaintaining its position as an industry leader and establishing its innovativevision for the future of transportation. To help us in our commitments we areseeking individuals who are looking to make a difference in one of the world’smost iconic companies.
General Motors Wentzville has produced quality cars, vans,and trucks since 1983. The plant is situated on 438 acres of land in a formerwheat field about 40 miles west of St. Louis in Wentzville, Missouri. CurrentlyWentzville assembly produces the Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups aswell as the Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana full size vans. Wentzville employsover 4600 hourly and salary workers over three shifts. Recent accolades forWentzville Assembly include winning the 2015 and 2016 Motor Trend Truck of theYear with the Colorado and Autoweek’s 2015 Best of the Best Truck with theCanyon.
About the GMManufacturing Production Group Leader Intern
Supervise a medium tolarge group of employees involved in plant production operations. Responsiblefor analyzing complex manpower, material, machine, and floor spacerequirements. Work is generally of a technical nature with the ability to makedecisions within the limits of general standards and practices. Some directguidance received from supervisor.
JobDuties for Production Group Leader
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, and equipment
- Meets production cost schedule and maintains quality requirements
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements
- Implements divisional and corporate policies
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards
- Frequent contact with others outside the work group
- Keeps management informed of developments as they occur
- Maintains corporate and unit management control systems.
- Maintains department records
- Conducts safety talks, job instruction training, ergonomic evaluations,safety
incident report & investigation.
- Maintains workplace organization.
- Prevents defects from passing to the next process.
- Familiar w/quality standards
- Specifies standardized work.
- Ensures vehicles reach the customer mutilation-free.
- Implements problem solving processes.
- Respond to work environment to meet production schedule (control
absenteeism,respond to andon, support operation performed PM checks,
understands &controls line side material inventory, identify & resolve
- Continually look for waste & eliminates it (indirect material, scrap,tools, safety
equipment, office supplies, spare parts & manpower).
- Provide environment which stimulates team members involvement & personal
growth by maintaining communications, soliciting suggestions, development
training plan, attendance records, performance improvement, support team
meetings,work w/UAW to resolve problem.
- Ability to manage people.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a participative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to listen to and support Team Members.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts. Basic Preferred
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes.
- Vehicle assembly experience.
- Experience/knowledge of GM-GMS
- Statistical process control skills. Education
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience